NEWLY ADDED


NEWLY ADDED : *** PREMIUM PLOTS OPEN FOR BOOKINGS IN MADURAI HEART OF CITY ***

Translate

IS HE ANOTHER RAINA??????

“I have worked very hard to make it to the India U-19 team” – Mohammad Saif Interview

Mohammad Saif batting in nets
Mohammad Saif is an upcoming cricketer from UP. He trains in the same college which is known for grooming Suresh Raina. The left-handed batsman can also roll his arm over to bowl a few overs, further likening him to Raina. But Mohammad Saif is out there to carve his own identity.
He was recently selected in the India U-19 team in the tri-nation series to be held in Australia, also involving New Zealand. The left-handed batsman will be looking to make an impression in the upcoming tournament.

The U-19 Indian team has been a springboard to make it into the senior team. Do you think this is the perfect opportunity for you to do so?
Yes, it’s definitely a perfect opportunity as it provides a great chance to the youngsters. I have worked very hard for this and will utilize this opportunity to the fullest. I hail from a small town in UP, and I am glad that God has been kind enough to me.

UP has produced quite a lot of international cricketers for India. How does UP differ from the rest of the country in terms of cricket infrastructure?
UP has a great pool of talent. Everyone is crazy about cricket, and the atmosphere for it is great. We have several hostels, colleges and academies for it. The competition is intense, which brings out the best in everyone.
The U-19 team is going to Australia. Do you think it is the toughest place to succeed as a cricketer?
Well, this is going to be my first time in Australia. I have talked to my other team-mates who have already been there and they said the conditions are not as tough as perceived. It’s all about how tough you are in the mind and ready to face any difficult situation which gets you good results. The team is really good; I am sure we will perform good.
You are a top order batsman. How tough it will be to face the new ball on the bouncy Australian pitches?
I am practising on the similar kind of wicket which is prepared in NCA in order to get accustomed to them. It is not going to be tough but more exciting. I am looking forward to do my job well in order to help my team win.
Mohammad Saif
I am more of a batsman who can also bowl well.
Sanju Samson, the vice-captain of the U-19 side, has become quite a star thanks to the IPL. Would you also be looking to be picked up by one of the IPL teams next season?
Playing in the IPL is not in my mind right now. Maybe some team might want me, however it’s too early to say. I believe in playing good cricket in every format and every tournament, the rest will follow.
Who is your idol and on whom do you model your game on?
I don’t have any idol as such.
The last time the U-19 team toured Australia, they performed excellently. Does that put on an added pressure on you?
We are looking forward to give our best out there and remain positive throughout. Hopefully things will work out in our favour.
The new breed of Indian crickets seems to have an aggressive mentality; they bat with intent and are largely unafraid. Do you also buy into that philosophy?
Mostly batsman like to be aggressive but the trend has changed. Players have started playing according to what the situation requires from them.
How did you fare in the domestic season?
I had a good domestic season. I have played for UP U-16 and U-19. I made 4 centuries including a double hundred.
Suresh Raina too trained in Sports College, Lucknow. Has his success inspired you?
Yes, a little. I am from Varanasi. When I was a kid, people used to talk about him. I always had a great interest in cricket and therefore decided to give the trials for Sports College. I have the same coach as he had, Mr. Sharma sir. If he can do it, why can’t I?